How to became a beauty therapist
Lykeion offers courses recognized by Alfa Liguria for the qualification (1800 hours) and specialization as a Beauty Therapist (900 and 300 hours).
- Beauty Therapist Course (1800 hours)
- Beauty Therapist Specialization Course (900 hours)
- Beauty Therapist Specialization Course (300 hours)
- Second year Beauty Therapist qualification course (900 hours)
For those in possession of a certificate of attendance for the first year (900 hours) of the recognized course for Beauticians
Recognized by Alfa Regione Liguria
Protocol n.1060 of 09/08/2017
To undertake a career as a beauty therapist you need to have a certain predisposition to aesthetics, good dexterity, a desire to learn and deepen scientific and specialization subjects, in line with what requested by the market in this sector.
In Italy, the profession of beauty therapist is regulated by Law no. 1, of January 1990, which includes the following path:
- the qualification of beauty therapist is obtained by carrying out a two-year professional training course, at the end of which you must undergo a theoretical and practical exam at the Lykeion headquarters, with a Regional Commission appointed by Alfa Liguria. After the qualification you can work as employees throughout Italy and within the European Community;
- After obtaining the qualification, a further year of specialization can be attended, at the end of which a theoretical and practical exam must be taken at the Lykeion headquarters, with the Regional Commission appointed by Alfa Liguria. After specializing, you can open your own beautician business or become the manager of a beauty centre.